Friday, September 21, 2012

Power to the Pumpkin


I love autumn, especially around Halloween,and have started preparing for this year’s fun.  My kids are 4 and 7 and enjoy the holiday as much as I do.  This year, I am pulling out all the stops to decorate but I don’t want to spend a fortune.  Here is some of the pumpkin creativity we have started with. 
 

I got a pack of pumpkin doilies from the dollar store and strung them on twine to decorate the window.   It would also be fun to create a jack o’lantern face on each.  Maybe I’ll save that one for next year.
 

We used a 3-sided presentation board, black poster paper and some construction paper to create our pumpkin beanbag toss.   I was inspired by this pumpkin toss game from Better Homes and Gardens.  The kids choose the design and and googly eyes.  I added the curly tendrils and made some beanbags from fabric scraps filled with dry lentils.  The kids are having a blast playing the toss game and we’ll use it for our Halloween party next month.
 

 
A third pumpkin idea involves recycled bottles.  I used a large glass jug, but plastic would work and would be less heavy too.  I used Mod Podge to attach tissue paper squares to the glass.  Then added felt features and pipe cleaner tendrils.  I’m trying to figure out a way to safely light the inside.  Let me know if you have any ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment